Sao Borja, Brazil

São Borja is a city in the Brazilian state of Rio Grande do Sul. São Borja is the oldest municipality in the Brazilian state of Rio Grande do Sul and was founded in 1682 by the Jesuits as the first of the Seven Points of the Missions, and named São Francisco de Borja, in honor of Saint Francis Borgia. It is situated on the Western Frontier of Rio Grande do Sul on the border with Argentina which is defined by the Uruguai river.
São Borja is known as the Land of the Presidents as it is the birthplace of two Brazilian Presidents: Getúlio Vargas (1883–1954) and João Goulart (1918–1976).
The city is linked to the argentinian city of Santo Tomé through the Integration Bridge.

Monday, September 12, 2011

Getting Transferred

Today is transfers and.... i am leaving Rosário, i am going to Livramento. My new companion will be Elder ******. I will leave tomorrow so today is my last day with Elder ******. I am way sad to leave Elder ******. We have become way good friends, i will miss him. He wants to study in BYU so i told him if he goes to Utah me and him will live together in Provo. But i am also ready to leave Rosário.

Cool thing, a family from Alegreto has been visiting Rosário. We took them to church and ***** walked holding my hand haha. All i know, is I may not be baptizing a ton of people but i have made friendships that are already stronger then some of my friendships i had before the mission. I am learning how to love people and i love it.