Sao Borja, Brazil

São Borja is a city in the Brazilian state of Rio Grande do Sul. São Borja is the oldest municipality in the Brazilian state of Rio Grande do Sul and was founded in 1682 by the Jesuits as the first of the Seven Points of the Missions, and named São Francisco de Borja, in honor of Saint Francis Borgia. It is situated on the Western Frontier of Rio Grande do Sul on the border with Argentina which is defined by the Uruguai river.
São Borja is known as the Land of the Presidents as it is the birthplace of two Brazilian Presidents: Getúlio Vargas (1883–1954) and João Goulart (1918–1976).
The city is linked to the argentinian city of Santo Tomé through the Integration Bridge.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

We had a BAPTISM!!

Well this week went a lot better, because we had a BAPTISM. I sent dad a email with pictures and a funny story about the baptism. I am doing great and still waiting for my package, i have a interview with the mission president on wednesday so hopefully.. hopefully he will have my package. haha. And some letters for me lol.

Tonight we are doing another family home evening and it should be fun, its with a man we baptized and his family, they are looking forward to it and we are too.

After emailing we are going to go and buy more food, i will probably just get hot dogs, cereal, bananas, cheese, just some easy stuff. I dont need to buy a lot since we always have lunch with members, even though we eat the same thing with them and i think my stomach is being weird again from eating beans and rice everyday. But I should get used to it, because thats what i am eating for two years.

Also i forgot to tell you at zone conference the family from Alegrete visited me. It was awesome and i was way happy to see them again, i hope i serve in that area again in my mission. Tenho saudades de eles.

But not much is going on just the work and talking to people, i love and miss you.

Love and miss you,
seu filho, Elder Boiteux